Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Blog Entry # 5

Blog Entry # 5

Cuando era niño-a...

Hope all of you are enjoying writing your blog entries and making your blog look great.  For this entry, your task is to talk about your childhood and some of the things you did when you were young.  I would also ask that you try practicing your preterite and imperfect once you have written your blog in English.  I am going to do a sample entry about myself so you have a clear example to go by as you write your own. 
You will need:
1.  To talk about 5 of you favorite childhood activities.
2.  Mention how frequently you engaged in those activities.
3.  Post some pictures relating to the activities. 
4.  Change the font color of the verbs you believe would be in the preterite tense (if you were writing in   Spanish).
5. Change the font color of the verbs you believe would be in the imperfect tense (if you were writing in   Spanish).

Please think about the things we have discussed in class concerning these two tenses.  Preterite is for past narration (completed actions) and Imperfect is for description in the past ( Al Wept).  Try to incorporate some of the reflexive verbs from U2E1 as you talk about your childhood.

When I was young, I used to play jump rope with all the girls who used to live in my cul-de-sac.  We got together and we used to play a chase game almost every day.  I remember one day, none of us wanted to be the ender, so we knocked on Christine Martin's door and asked her to play.  She volunteered to be the steady-ender.  We felt so happy because that meant we had so much more time to play and not be an ender.  Another activity I used to play often was hide and seek.  We would have 20 or more children playing.  We played hide and seek and ringalivio mostly in summer.  My best friend was named Patty Pagliaro, she liveed up the street from me and had a dog named Major.  We used to play with Barbie dolls in her backyard.  Her mother used to lay a big picnic blanket on the grass and we played for hours.  My best memories were at the lake.  My mom used to pack all 5 children into the car and we would drive 20 minutes to Round Lake and stay for the day.  She used to pack a cooler with snacks and our lunch and we had a great time.  I remember the day when I finally had the courage to jump off the high dive which was on the back of the raft.  In my mind it was 50 feet tall, but in reality it was probably only 15 feet or so.  I was always afraid to jump.  I didn't like water to go up my nose.  But, on that day I was brave ; )
During the winters, we used to skate on Merriwold Lake, or go sledding on Maniac Hill.  The older children would build a fire to keep us warm.  I remember one day when I dressed myself in my new boots and sat myself too close to the fire.  I burned the tips of my boots.  I felt sad because I knew my parents could not afford to buy a new pair for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment